Kids & Teens
Teen Advisory Board
As part of our services, the Russell County Public Library provides teens the opportunity to earn
community service hours through volunteer work and serving on our Teen Advisory Board (TAB).
Giving teens this opportunity is mutually beneficial to them and their community. TAB members will help the Library accomplish tasks and engage in successful programming.
About the Teen Advisory Board (TAB):
- Who can join?
○ Any students ages 13-18
- Why join?
○ Help make decisions affecting teens in the Library and community
○ Help plan RCPL programs, events, displays, service projects, and more
○ Earn community service hours
○ Gain volunteer and leadership experience and job skills to add to your resumé
○ Make new friends, talk about books, and have fun!
- Expectations of TAB members
○ Attend monthly meetings and notify Youth Services Librarian Kristina Burton in case of absence
○ Be an active participant in the group, be willing to share ideas, and interact in meetings
○ Act as a library ambassador and all-around role model of good teen behavior
○ Volunteer at as many RCPL programs as you can – at least two per year
For inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact Youth Services Librarian Kristina Burton at (270) 343-7323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.