Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently NOT accepting any book/material donations at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Donation Guidelines Have Changed!
In order to maintain a collection that is in good condition, the Library must adhere to the following terms of accepting and declining donated materials.
The Library reserves the right to decline any donation not suitable for our needs.
All donations are final and become property of RCPL upon acceptance.
What We DO Accept:
- Maximum of 25 donated items at a time
- Books, magazines, and DVDs in LIKE-NEW or EXCELLENT condition
To donate other assorted items, such as family or genealogy collections, technology equipment, furniture, and puzzles or games, prior approval MUST be given by the Library Director.
Please Keep In Mind:
- Donations accepted during open hours ONLY
- Bring items inside to a staff member and plan to spend time with the staff member going through your donation
- Do NOT place donated items in the book drop
- Do NOT leave donated items outside the Library, at the door, or on the patio at anytime
Materials We DO NOT Accept:
- Bulk donations of more than 25 items at a time
- Materials of any kind in poor condition, including books with missing, bent, or ripped covers or broken spines, items that have been written in, pages that are browned, yellowed, or frayed, or items that are dirty, wet, damaged, musty, molded, or infested
- Discarded materials from any library, including RCPL
- Textbooks, industry manuals, or encyclopedia sets
The staff member accepting your materials can also offer you a tax receipt, indicating the type and quantity of the materials donated. We are not able to appraise the value of your materials.