The Russell County Public Library accepts donations of books and magazines under the following conditions:
If you have 10 items or less:
- please bring them inside to a staff member during the Library’s open hours and a staff member will compare your donation with our accepted items checklist.
If you have more than 10 items:
- Please call the library to speak with a staff member.
- Donations of more than 10 items are accepted by appointment only.
We accept new or like-new items. We cannot accept the following:
- Textbooks, encyclopedias, CDs
- Items with writing inside or library stickers/markings
- Hardbacks missing dust jackets
- Items with odors, dirt, mold, etc.
The Russell County Public Library reserves the right to refuse any donation.
The Russell County Public Library cannot be responsible for the disposal of items that are not accepted.
Please ask a staff member for a listing of other local options for donating items that we cannot accept.
September 27 @ 4:00 pm Russell County Public Library
Makery Workshop: Canva 101 for Tweens
September 27 @ 5:00 pm Russell County Public Library
September 28 @ 10:00 am Russell County Public Library
Page Turners Book Club
September 28 @ 5:00 pm Russell County Public Library