The Russell County Public Library offers an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service that allows library cardholders the ability to borrow books we do not own and cannot purchase. This service is free of charge to you through participating libraries in Kentucky.
Things you need to know about our ILL service:
- Patrons must have held their RCPL card for at least three months in good standing.
- Books must have been in publication for at least six months prior to the current date.
- If the book is not available through a participating Kentucky library, patrons are given the option to make a request out-of-state. Patrons are responsible for the $3.00 shipping charge.
- The average time to process your request is two weeks. The time may vary depending on the availability of the item.
- The circulation period of the ILL book is determined by the lending library, not RCPL.
How do I request an ILL?
Please call or visit your RCPL and a staff member will fill out an ILL request form. For further questions regarding interlibrary loans, please contact Library Services Coordinator Kim Burchett at (270) 343-7323 or email@example.com