Book a Librarian
Would you like personalized assistance with resources at the Library? Need more time with a librarian than you can get over the phone or if you just walk in?
When you “Book a Librarian,” a staff member with expertise in your area of need will provide undivided, one-on-one assistance. Call or visit the Library to schedule a Book a Librarian session. Please schedule your session with at least 48 hours advance notice so that an available staff member can be assigned to assist you.
Book a Librarian is perfect for assistance with:
- In-depth browsing of the Library’s collection or selecting reading materials
- Downloading e-books and audiobooks
- Computer topics, including setting up an email account, Internet basics, and managing files and folders
- Career and job search resources, and creating a resumé
- Using any of the Library’s online resources
- Genealogy research
- Test proctoring
- Book a Librarian sessions generally last from 30-60 minutes. If more time is needed you may schedule another appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule your session, please call the Library as soon as possible at (270) 343-7323.
Please note that Book a Librarian sessions do not cover advice on medical, legal, or financial issues except to advise you of reputable sources of information. We cannot offer troubleshooting or maintenance help with personal computers or mobile devices.